Skip to main content

Where Have I Been?

(I try to be serious, but I just fail.)

The awkward thing about being a spoonie who is running a blog for fellow spoonies is that sometimes I fall prey to being a spoonie. Which is to say that the reason I haven't been blogging here is because a lot of things happened, including not feeling well. (Ironic.)

Though I seem to be in a good patch with my fibro, my health isn't perfect (OBVIOUSLY since I run this blog). Thus, I've been having some down days where I have a headache or brain fog or overall body pain. Now, there have been a lot of days where I feel okay. The only thing is, I don't have as many spoons as I would like. And between running a website and helping babysit, I've been a bit low on spoons. Unfortunately, that means a lot of my more personal projects have fallen by the wayside. (Don't feel too bad; even my novels, which are my life-blood, have been neglected too.)

I guess the point of this post is to say, I'm low on spoons right now... and I'm really sorry. I'll soon be back posting on this blog. It's nothing personal, and I haven't forgotten about you, I promise.

In the meantime, let me know in the comments how you've been.

Love and hugs,
Sky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Which I Spill the Beans :: My Life Story

Pain. It’s a warning. A flash of red against your eyelids, a stabbing sensation in your thigh. It’s what you feel when you stub your toe or when you hit your head on the doorway because you’re a 6’7” basketball player. Pain is what your body does when there’s something wrong. And it’s what I experience every day. But first, let me back up sixteen years. I was born. (Duh.) But the circumstances leading up to it are… intense, to say the least. If you were watching a movie of my life, I think you’d most likely be on the edge of your seat. At least, I’ve been on the edge of my seat for my life. My parents almost lost me twice; the first when my mom started bleeding during the pregnancy, and the second time happened when I was (trying) to come out and be born into the world. Oh, and there was actually a third time, which happened when I had to have heart surgery at only two days old. But I made it through. Fast forward to the present day. Remember my lovely metaphors for pain at the beginni

My Thorn :: A Guest Post by Ashley

I don’t talk about it much online, and I really don’t have a true reason, other than, I honestly don’t think about it much anymore. But, a dear friend (Oh how much more she has gone through) sparked the inspiration to talk about my thorn. I have Knee Bursitis. Bursitis is a condition where the padding in your joints (called Bursea) becomes inflamed. It’s pretty painful at times. Thankfully, it isn’t an all the time ache (Thank the Lord) but when it does, it can get pretty crippling.   I’m not going to go into much detail over it, except, that when you can’t run, or be terribly active because otherwise, your knees feel like they are about to crumble, and make you fall, you feel....awkward.  It’s no fun having to sit out at your brother’s 5K races, and tell everyone “I don’t like running” when, there is nothing you;d like more then being able to try at least once.  When all your friends try goading you into running on Thursday nights with them, and you can’t, because you know all to wel

Instagram Is Not my Real Life: The Trouble with Chronic Illness & Social Media

Instagram is not my real life. I know, I know. You're all shocked to hear this. You mean my life isn't contained in those pixelated images on my Instagram feed? No, it is not. (Though I will admit I spend a ton of time living vicariously on the internet due in part to my chronic illness, but I digress.) When I first heard about Instagram, it seemed tailor-made for me. I've always loved taking pictures (my embarrassing photography blog from 2011 will back me up on this). To have an app where I could easily share photos with my friends--an app made only  to share photos, no less--was a big deal. So as soon as I got a mobile device in 2014, one of the first things I did was get an Instagram account . This is one of the first Instagram photos I ever took. Yes, it looks like I was on an epic quest, but I was actually on the way home from my OBGYN. My Instagram photos are often of the people and places in my life. And I  really  like them! I love sharing them with everyone! I lov